Thursday, October 29, 2009

too many fake nurses and fairytale characters...

I have to say that I am shocked at out unoriginal halloween has become for adults. It used to be your goal as a child not to have the same costume as anyone else. You would think about your costume for long periods of time, and your school always had some awesome costume contest. You knew you weren't winning any contests dressed like any of the other kids in the class. Growing up, my mom always helped us make our costumes. It was cheaper, and then you were garunteed no one would have the same costume as you on the big day. You can be as original as you want when your making the thing.
Now, when I go on my halloween costume journey, all I see are the same costumes over and over again. If you go downtown on halloween, or look at people's pictures from last year, there are so many similar costumes. And if you go buy the costumes, they are so expensive! You are spending $40 to wear some cheap, ill fitting costume, and look like everyone else. I think this specifically goes for the girls. Most guys seem to have the original costume idea down. All the girls are dressed as naughty nurses, naughty police cops, or some fairytale character. They don't do these professions or characters any justice, though. Do you really think anywhere in America while a nurse is saving lives she's dressed like that? And d you really think that snow white wore a mini skirt and fishnets stockings? That's why I think my mom had it right, and I make my costume every year...when i go out i don't have to worry about looking like anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment