Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Unsung Hero's at Western Technical College...

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I discovered a little gem at TC today that I have never taken advantage of before. Tutors!! I have a huge accounting packet due today. It's worth a ton of points, and we are taking a quiz on the answers that we got. So, I started the packet on Tuesday, and I had confidence that I could figure it all out. Well, I didn't get it done on Tuesday night, so after work Wednesday I hit the books. I met up with a friend from accounting class at Perkins, and we got down to business. All was going well, until I got to the balance sheet, and nothing balanced. I spent a good half an hour staring at my sheet and all of my numbers. I suddenly panicked. This packet was due the next day, and none of my numbers were right.
My accounting teacher had handed out a sheet at the beginning of the semester with the list of tutor times in the library and what days they would be available. I admit, I never thought I would have to meet up with a tutor to get my homework done. But, oh am I glad I did. I was nervous, and a little sceptical about going to a tutor, until I met her. Brenna Powers is her name, and she is my new best friend. She is a saint, and she saved my entire accounting packet. She was so helpful and went slow enough so that I could understand. She is in accounting 3 and has a job in accounting, so I imagine the tiny mistakes I was making drove her crazy, but she never showed it. So this blog goes out to all the tutors. Thank you for your time and patience, and for saving my nonexistent accounting career!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad it worked out for you! I'll keep in mind in the future never to throw away the handouts they give you on the first day or week of school! you never know when you might need them! And for me that is a major one to remember! I've been out of school forever and will probally need a tutor in the future!

    ReplyDelete