Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A week of wonderful music, and new oppurtunities...

Today was the first day at my new job for me...and I haven't been this excited in a very long time! I recently put in my 2 weeks notice at Perkins. If you have ever been to Perkins after 1a.m., you understand why. I don't think drunk people are that funny unless I'm drunk too. And not to mention the awful aprons they make us wear...and having to deal with senior citizens and push pie like its a drug...Can you tell that I was ready for a new job or what!?
I learned alot while working at Perkins, and got some management experience. I am going to school for business management, so I really appreciate that they gave me that oppurtunity...but my new job is amazing! I was searching for a new job all summer, and getting to put in my 2 weeks notice in at Perkins was so satisfying. Working at a corporate place like that may work for some people, but it definitley wasn't for me.
My new job is so much more laid back...I get to wear jeans and a polo shirt to serve tables. It really doesn't get any better than that. I will be making better money while working less, which will really help with my last year in school. I get to work right downtown, which means I will get to meet some awesome people. The sidework that I have there is cut in half compared to Perkins, and if you have ever been a server you know that means alot. Everyone that works there is really nice, and my trainer was really helpful and sweet. That was my exciting day, but wait until you hear about my exciting week...
As you read in my previous post, going to shows and seeing bands is one of my favorite hobbies. Well this week has been jam packed with that. I got to road trip with my best friend to Milwaukee to see one of my favorite bands, The Bled, on Saturday. If you ever get a chance to see them...do it! It was so amazing live, so much energy. Also, my favorite band Poison The Well is playing tomorrow, right here in LaCrosse! They are a pretty big band, and the fact that they are playing here, in such a small town at a small venue, is rare. I usually have to drive for hours to see them. I cannot wait for that show!! Not to mention that Everytime I Die, and Protest The Hero have new albums in store this week....what a good month for music! If you have no idea who any of these bands are, just fill in the blanks with your favorite bands and imagine my excitement!
So, I predicted that this blog would be all about my first day and how awesome my new job is. Now I am going to guess that my next blog will be about working on my own, and how nervous and stressed I will be...we'll see, new jobs are full of so many nerves and so much excitement all at the same time. I'm going to need to take full advantage of the mass drinking and my first legal Oktoberfest after this training week.

2 comments:

  1. wow! sounds like a busy week and weekend! But sounds like your new job is starting off good, and i hope that continues for you! Also congrats on your first legal octoberfest! how exciting!! i enjoyed your writing and it kept me interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations on the new job and becoming legal.I hope everything works out for you.It sounds like you are very busy with work, school and concerts. I know what you mean about seeing bands in a small venue. Up close and personal is definitly the way to go. This is a well written and interesting blog. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete