Tuesday, September 8, 2009

8 a.m. on August 27th came way too soon...

Can you believe the summer is already over? It seems like just yesterday I was dumping all of my old homework, selling back my books, and waving goodbye to TC for the summer. I suppose it's time to get back into the daily grind of school and work, and give sleeping until noon a break. If you are reading my blog, I should probably tell you a little bit more about myself. This might make reading my weekly dose of chatter a little more interesting.

My name is Trista, and I am 21 years old. I am currently enrolled at WTC, and am in the Business Management Program. Finally being legal to drink, and trying to complete my last year of school, may prove to be a challenge. I've always enjoyed a good challenge though, isn't that partly what college is all about? I work at Perkins as a certified trainer/ server, and I used to be a manager there as well. However, I just put my 2 weeks notice in at Perkins, and will be working at Buzzards Billy's soon!! I am really excited!! I finally decided what I wanted to go to school for after managing at Perkins for a year. I really enjoyed working in customer service, and knowing that I was in charge of the restaurant was something I knew I could get used to in the future.

So, then there's the big question that every college student gets tired of answering. "What do you want to do after you graduate?". It makes sense that your friends and family would want to know. I am in my last year of a 2 year program that I stretched out to 4 years. My family is probably ready for me to start making money, instead of spending tons of it trying to figure myself out. The truth is I have no idea what I want to do after I graduate. I know I want to do something in a restaurant, or anywhere that I get to work with lots of people, and provide some sort of customer service. However, the thought of actually having to be an adult and get a real job is pretty intimidating to me.

Being intimidated about having to face the real world suits me personality pretty well. My friends will tell you that I am a very fun loving, outgoing person. If I am not at school or work, I am with my friends and family. I have a little sister named Cali and a best friend named Jenna, who mean everything to me. You will probably hear a lot about them in my blogs. After school, work, and friends, i enjoy filling my free time with music. I like listening to music, learning about new music, and going to a lot of concerts. Going to concerts out of town with Jenna is one of my favorite things to do, it's so much fun exploring new cities!

So, that's my first blog all about me. I'm sure my next couple blogs will involve being the rookie at a new job...thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment